Friday, July 14, 2023

Ross Has Done Katy THREE times

I have ridden the Katy Trail 3 times over the years and yes I would ride it again. 

The first time was about 20 years ago, my sister and I rode from Clinton to St Charles the east terminus at that time was St Charles. We were self contained and camped all the way across. I pulled a BoB trailer with all my gear and my sister used panniers. 

The next time my van was the SAG wagon and we rode Machens trailhead to Clinton and camped each night in a campground. 

The last time was fall of 2016, and the present van that I have was the SAG Wagon. We rode Clinton to the Machens Trailhead and camped in campgrounds each night. 

There are B & B options all along the trail and motels in nearby towns so that option should not be a problem to work out. It will be interesting to see what your preliminary plan looks like. Each time my van was SAG we had 7 or 8 people and Bobby Jones was one of them.

Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment